You can learn Apprentice, Journeyman, Expert, and Artisan Alchemy from trainers in every major city. You don't have to visit different trainers.
- Lilyssia Nightbreeze - Stormwind.
- Ainethil - Darnassus.
- Tally Berryfizz - Ironforge.
- Lucc - The Exodar.
Alliance: Stormwind City
Tucked away in the Mage Quarter, there is a little shop called Alchemy Needs. You're bound to see all sort of strange shops on your way through the Mage Quarter, but if you stick to the outer rim you'll be sure to find it. The name of the Night Elf you are looking for is Lilyssia Nightbreeze. She can be found inside Alchemy Needs, to the right side of the room, next to the stairs.
If you truly have the desire to learn this profession, then I would point you in the direction of Ainethil, a skilled alchemist at the Craftsmen's Terrace in northern Darnassus. She can be found in the bottom room of the Alchemy cabin, which is found directly below where Argent Guard Manados is standing.
An Alchemy trainer is what you need? Well, I just came from there, I did. Ye'll find Ms. Berryfizz over in Tinker Town where the gnomes gather. She is located inside her shop - Berryfizz's Potions and Mixed Drinks. Tally Berryfizz is the green haired Gnome to your left as you walk in.
Alliance: The Exodar
- You will find our alchemist trainers in the Vault of Lights. Go with the Light. The Draenei you are looking for is called Lucc, he can be found in the room dedicated for Alchemy and Herbalism.
- Yelmak- Orgrimmar.
- Doctor Herbert Halsey- Undercity.
- Bena- Thunder Bluff
- Camberon- Silvermoon City.
- Potions and oils, these are things that Yelmak will teach you of if you are worthy. Look for his shop in the middle of The Drag. He is located towards the back of the shop, near the luminescent green canisters.
- You'll find them in the Apothecarium. Names are Doctor Herbert Halsey and Doctor Marsh. Just watch your back.
Horde: Thunder Bluff
- Then head over to Bena's Alchemy on the middle rise and talk to Bena herself. She will be able to help you master the art of potion brewing.
Horde: Silvermoon City
- The alchemists are located in the Court of the Sun; you'll find Camberon eager to teach you anything you might want to know about the art of brewing potions.
Members of both factions can learn Master Alchemy from Lorokeem in Shattrath City. They are a grand master alchemist and Skettis outcast. They live amongst the other arakkoa in the northwest portion of the lower city.
*Note: These are just the trainers that are found in Capital cities; there are others that can be found in and around towns as well.
Approximate Materials Required to level from 1 to 375.
Classic (1 - 300)
- 65 x Peacebloom
- 65 x Silverleaf
- 85 x Empty Vial
- 100 x Briarthorn
- 35 x Bruiseweed
- 85 x Leaded Vial
- 20 x Mageroyal
- 50 x Stranglekelp
- 35 x Liferoot
- 35 x Kingsblood
- 30 x Goldthorn
- 5 x Wild Steelbloom
- 75 x Sungrass
- 15 x Khadgar's Whisker
- 120 x Crystal Vial
- 45 x Arthas' Tears
- 60 x Blindweed
- 75 x Golden Sansam
- 40 x Mountain Silversage
TBC (300 - 375)
- 105x Imbued Vial
- 40 x Felweed
- 15 x Golden Sansam / 15 x Dreamfoil / 15 x Mountain Silversage (you only need 15 from one)
- 30 x Golden Sansam
- 5 x Terocone
- 100 x Dreaming Glory
- 10 x Netherbloom
- 40 x Nightmare Vine
- 65 x Minor Healing Potion - 65 Peacebloom, 65 Silverleaf, 65 Empty Vial. You'll need these later, so be sure to keep all of them.
65 - 110
- 65 x Lesser Healing Potion - 65 Minor Healing Potion, 65 Briarthorn
110 - 140
- 35 x Healing Potion - 35 Bruiseweed, 35 Briarthorn, 35 Leaded Vial
140 - 155
- 20 x Lesser Mana Potion - 20 Mageroyal, 20 Stranglekelp, 20 Empty Vial
This recipe will be yellow for the last 10 points, so you might have to make a few extra.
155 - 185
- 35 x Greater Healing Potion - 35 Liferoot, 35 Kingsblood, 35 Leaded Vial
If you made Fire Oil, you could use it to make Elixir of Firepower
185 - 210
- 30 x Elixir of Agility - 30 Stranglekelp, 30 Goldthorn, 30 Leaded Vial
If you don't have that many Goldthorn, make Mana Potion or Lesser Invisibility Potion up to around 195.
If you don't have any Goldthorn at all, you can make Nature Protection Potion between 190-215
Recipe: Nature Protection Potion is sold by these vendors.
It's a limited supply item, so it can take a while to respawn when someone else purchases the recipe before you.
210 - 215
- 5 x Elixir of Greater Defense - 5 Steelbloom, 5 Goldthorn, 5 Leaded Vial
215 - 230
- 15 x Superior Healing Potion - 15 Sungrass, 15 Khadgar's Whisker, 15 Crystal Vial
230 - 265
- 45 x Elixir of Detect Undead - 45 Arthas' Tears, 45 Crystal Vial
265 - 285
- 30 x Superior Mana Potion - 60 Sungrass, 60 Blindweed, 30 Crystal Vial
285 - 300
- 20 x Major Healing Potion - 40 Golden Sansam, 20 Mountain Silversage, 20 Crystal Vial
Choose one of these and make 15 of them.
- 15 x Volatile Healing Potion - 15 Golden Sansam, 15 Felweed
- 15 x Adept's Elixir - 15 Dreamfoil, 15 Felweed
- 15 x Onslaught Elixir - 15 Mountain Silversage, 15 Felweed
- 25 x Elixir of Healing Power - 25 Golden Sansam, 25 Dreaming Glory
- 5 x Elixir of Draenic Wisdom - 5 Terocone, 5 Felweed
Make Mad Alchemist's Potion if you have a lot of Ragveil.
335 - 340
- 5 x Super Healing Potion - 10 Netherbloom, 5 Felweed
Make the previous recipe 5 more times if you don't have Netherbloom.
340 - 355
- 15 x Super Mana Potion - 30 Dreaming Glory, 15 Felweed
Recipe: Super Mana Potion is sold by Daga Ramba (Horde) and Haalrun (Alliance).
IMPORTANT: Horde players should also buy Recipe: Major Dreamless Sleep Potion because you will need it in the next step.
355 - 375
- 40 x Major Dreamless Sleep Potion - 40 Dreaming Glory, 40 Nightmare Vine
Recipe: Major Dreamless Sleep Potion is sold by Daga Ramba (Horde) and Leeli Longhaggle (Alliance)
This recipe will be green for the last 3 points, so you might have to make more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Alchemy good or profitable in Classic WoW?
- Alchemy is one of the best professions to provide utility for yourself and your group while also allowing you to profit off of it by selling your crafts to other people.
What are the benefits of Alchemy in Classic WoW?
- Elixirs - A must-have consumable for raiding and progression. It lasts for an extended period of time and increases a player's stats. Selling them is also a popular way to make money.
- Potions - A conditionally useful consumable for specific fights. It usually provides it's bonus instantaneously in forms of healing or mana recovery. There are also certain potions which provide limited utility when used.
- Flasks - One of the most popular consumables that is used in the game. It lasts through death and provides powerful effects to a player. Selling them is a really a popular and lucritive way to make Gold.
- Transmutes - The ability to transform two materials into a powerful item. Must be learned through recipes such as Recipe: Transmute Arcanite, which allows you to Transmute: Arcanite. Arcanite Bar is very powerful and is needed for iconic items like Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker. These transmutations are sold for for a lot of Gold on the Auction House.
- Oils - They are usually made from fish and provide reagents to many recipes.
What is the best profession to pair with Alchemy in Classic WoW?
- Without a doubt Herbalism is the best profession to pair with Alchemy in Classic WoW. As most, if not all of your recipes, will need the Herbs that Herbalism provides. Herbalism will also help you reduce the cost of your crafts; materials can be quite pricey when bought from the Auction House.