You can learn Apprentice, Journeyman, Expert, and Artisan Leatherworking from trainers in every major city. You don't have to visit different trainers.
- Simon Tanner - Stormwind City.
- Fimble Finespindle - Ironforge.
- Telonis - Darnassus.
- Akham- The Exodar.
Alliance: Stormwind City
- Want to learn leatherworking, eh? Simon Tanner would be able to teach you. He can be found in Old Town at the Protective Hide.
- Fimble Finespindle has a shop set up on the northwest side of The Great Forge. I wager he could show ye how to make some fine armor. Enter his shop, Finespindle's Leather Goods, go down the stairs and go left. He is standing by the tanner's bench.
- The skill with which Telonis crafts armor is beyond compare. You should be grateful that he does not charge more for the knowledge he passes to others. Go now and seek him out in the Craftsmen's Terrace in the northeast section of Darnassus. He can be found in the top section of the cabin that’s dedicated to Leatherworking and Tailoring.
Alliance: The Exodar
- You will find the Exodar's leatherworkers in the Trader's Tier. May the Light bless you. Akham can be found inside the room that is dedicated to Leatherworking and Skinning; he is located towards the back of the room.
- Karolek - Orgrimmar.
- Arthur Moore- Undercity.
- Una- Thunder Bluff
- Lynalis- Silvermoon City
- Go to Kodohide Leatherworkers in The Drag. Ask for Karolek. He is standing on the far left side of the room.
- Arthur Moore is the leatherworker. He tends the trainees over in the Rogues' Quarter, on the inner ring.
Horde: Thunder Bluff
- Go see Una at Thunder Bluff Armorers then. It can be found on the middle rise.
Horde: Silvermoon City
- Along the southeast end of the Walk of Elders, Lynalis has set up a dine leatherworking stand. She'll train you... for a fee.
You can learn Master Leatherworking from these trainers at Outland;
- Horde: Barim Spilthoof at Thrallmar.
- Alliance: Brumman at Honor Hold.
*Note: These are just the trainers that are found in Capital cities; there are others that can be found in and around towns as well.
Approximate Materials Required
Classic (1 - 300)
- 57x Ruined Leather Scraps
- 380x Light Leather
- 345x Medium Leather
- 20x Heavy Hide
- 195x Heavy Leather
- 450x Thick Leather
- 475x Rugged Leather
TBC (300 - 375)
- 1510x Knothide Leather
- 24x Fel Hide
- 24x Thick Clefthoof Leather
- 19x Light Leather - 57 Ruined Leather Scraps
Make the next recipe if you don't have Ruined Leather Scraps.
- 40x Light Armor Kit - 40 Light Leather
- 20x Hand Stitched Leather Cloak - 40 Light Leather, 20 Coarse Thread
55 - 100
- 50x Embossed Leather Gloves - 150 Light Leather, 100 Coarse Thread
100 - 120
- 25x Fine Leather Belt - 150 Light Leather, 50 Coarse Thread
Keep both the Fine Leather Belt and the Cured Medium Hide because you can make Dark Leather Belt with them.
120 - 135
- 20x Dark Leather Boots - 80 Medium Leather, 40 Fine Thread, 20 Gray Dye
135 - 155
- 25x Dark Leather Pants - 300 Medium Leather, 25 Gray Dye, 25 Fine Thread
- 7x Heavy Leather - 35 Medium Leather
155 - 165
- 20x Cured Heavy Hide - 20 Heavy Hide, 60 Salt
You will need the Cured Heavy Hides later.
- 15x Heavy Armor Kit - 75 Heavy Leather, 15 Fine Thread
- 10x Barbaric Shoulders - 80 Heavy Leather, 10 Cured Heavy Hide, 20 Fine Thread
- 10x Guardian Gloves - 40 Heavy Leather, 10 Cured Heavy Hide, 10 Silken Thread
- 7x Thick Armor Kit - 35 Thick Leather, 7 Silken Thread
205 - 235
- 40x Nightscape Headband - 200 Thick Leather, 80 Silken Thread
- 15x Nightscape Pants - 210 Thick Leather, 60 Silken Thread
- 25x Rugged Armor Kit - 125 Rugged Leather
- 28x Wicked Leather Bracers - 224 Rugged Leather, 28 Black Dye, 28 Rune Thread
290 - 300
- 10x Wicked Leather Headband - 120 Rugged Leather, 10 Black Dye, 10 Rune Thread
300 - 325
- Before making the armor kits, turn all your Knothide Leather Scraps into Knothide Leather if you farmed the leathers.
- 30x Knothide Armor Kit - 120 Knothide Leather
325 - 335
- 222x Heavy Knothide Leather - 1110 Knothide Leather
The Pattern: Heavy Knothide Leather is sold by Cro Threadstrong in Shattrath City. It's a limited supply pattern, so you have to wait if someone bought it before you. The restock time is between 2 and 6 minutes.
335 - 350
- 20x Thick Draenic Vest - 280 Knothide Leather, 60 Rune Thread
350 - 365
- 50x Heavy Knothide Armor Kit - 150 Heavy Knothide Leather
365 - 370
- 6x Drums of Battle - 36 Heavy Knothide Leather, 24 Thick Clefthoof Leather
The recipe is sold by Almaador in Shattrath City. It requires an Honored reputation with The Sha'tar faction.
370 - 375
- 6x Drums of Panic - 36 Heavy Knothide Leather, 24 Fel Hide
The recipe is sold by Alurmi, she is INSIDE Caverns of Time. Requires honored reputation with the Keepers of Time faction.